Northstar’s admission process includes the following steps/elements:
- Submission of application with the $45 non-refundable processing fee
- Application periods are open at all times (no due date). But application submission date is a factor in admissions and waiting list prioritization
- Parent interview and school visit
- Focus on assessing compatibility between school and family
- The interview process is as much for the benefit of the parents as it is for the staff; it gives everyone an opportunity to get to know one other and to discuss expectations prior to committing to a full academic year.
- Submission of most recent Report Card and Assessment
- To determine the child’s level and academic history
- Decision and notification of admission acceptance/denial/wait list notification
In addition to these steps, parents are welcome to make appointments to visit the school, meet with staff members, or anything else that will help them best assess Northstar’s compatibility with their children and educational goals.
Please feel to contact us with any questions or inquiries at 510-441-1665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon admission the following items, forms, and documents will be required:
- Ten (10) post-dated tuition checks. (Checks should be written for September through June)
- Emergency Contact Form
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Immunization Record or Signed Waiver
- Report of Health Examination or Signed Waiver
- Report of Dental Examination
- Parent Volunteer Form
- Signed Parent and Student Handbook Agreement
- Signed agreement to Northstar’s Social Contract
The following age guidelines will be used to place students grade level:
|Grade Entering||Minimum Age by November 15th|