HOMEROOM TEACHING POSITION AVAILABLE
Northstar School is looking to attract talented people with a passion for education to join our team and community. We are now seeking candidates for an upper elementary homeroom teaching position for the 2022-2023 school year. (PDF announcement HERE)
The homeroom teacher is responsible for instructing students in the assigned grade while creating a positive educational climate for students to learn and grow. The homeroom teacher is responsible for planning, preparing, and delivering instructional activities for the class on a daily basis. The subject areas include language arts, science, history, art, and PE. The homeroom teacher assesses and tracks student work, communicates with parents regarding student progress, and works with Northstar staff to support the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth of students.
The following qualities are desired:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching or working with youth in a classroom setting
- Organized, punctual, and able to craft and follow structured lesson plans
- Able to learn quickly and work well with others
- Attentive to the unique needs of students
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Love for working with children
Northstar offers competitive compensation and benefits packages and a healthy, supportive, and enriching work environment.
- Small class sizes
- First-rate holistic curriculum
- Excellent students and fellow staff
- Enriching, positive work environment
- Beautiful campus setting in the hills of Hayward, CA
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
- Generous health and dental insurance coverage
- 401k retirement plans
- Paid school breaks, including national and Islamic holidays
- Tuition discounts for staff children
Northstar School is a Pre-K to 8th grade Islamic school set on a beautiful campus in the hills of Hayward, CA . Founded in 2002, Northstar has grown from a student body of 7 students, to one of over 160 diverse and eager, young Muslim learners. Northstar is WASC-accredited and has earned a reputation as a pioneer and role model in Islamic schooling, employing a range of cutting edge and time-tested educational methods. With a dynamic curriculum that integrates classical Islamic sciences with a first-rate academic program, Northstar and its talented team of educators aim to nurture the “mind, body, and spirit” of our children.
Northstar School is an equal opportunity employer, open to applicants of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.