Career OpportunityIslamic Studies Director
ISLAMIC STUDIES DIRECTOR POSITION AVAILABLE
Northstar School is looking to attract talented people with a passion for education to join our team and community. We are now seeking candidates for an Islamic Studies Director position for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Islamic Studies Director position is a full-time position to lead the Islamic Studies instruction, curriculum, and overall Islamic spirit of Northstar School. This will include teaching Islamic Studies subjects in the middle school grades and supporting teachers’ instruction in other grades, working with the curriculum development team to enhance and improve Northstar’s curriculum content and delivery, participating in school events and activities, providing mentorship for students, and leading the overall Islamic spirit of the school.
The following qualities are desired:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the Islamic Sciences
- Experience teaching or working with youth in a classroom setting
- Able to convey the wisdom and beauty of Islam in a way that is engaging and relevant to young people
- Organized, punctual, and able to craft and follow structured lesson plans
- Able to learn quickly and work well with others
- Attentive to the unique needs of students
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Love for working with Muslim youth
Northstar offers competitive compensation and benefits packages and a healthy, supportive, and enriching work environment.
- Small class sizes
- First-rate holistic curriculum
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
- Generous health and dental insurance coverage
- Tuition discounts for staff children
- 401k retirement savings plan, through a choice of Islamic mutual funds
- Paid time off for all school-year breaks (winter, spring, Eid, etc.) and national and Islamic holidays
- Excellent students and fellow staff
- Enriching, positive work environment
- Beautiful campus setting in the hills of Hayward, CA
Interested candidates please send your resume to email@example.com
and include an introductory note indicating the position(s) you are interested in.
Candidate review and hiring will occur as soon as possible.
Northstar School is a Pre-K to 8th grade Islamic school set on a beautiful campus in the hills of Hayward, CA . Founded in 2002, Northstar has grown from a student body of 7 students, to one of over 160 diverse and eager, young Muslim learners. Northstar is WASC-accredited and has earned a reputation as a pioneer and role model in Islamic schooling, employing a range of cutting edge and time-tested educational methods. With a dynamic curriculum that integrates classical Islamic sciences with a first-rate academic program, Northstar and its talented team of educators aim to nurture the “mind, body, and spirit” of our children.
Northstar School is an equal opportunity employer, open to applicants of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.